Thursday, August 14, 2008

August 14, 2008

It's Thursday evening and I'm sitting here slowly (and sometimes painfully) learning how to use Facebook. It's been interesting to see how many people are on it that I know. I have to admit that it will be easier to keep up with many people at the same time. Maybe I'll get proficient with communication some day.

It's been an interesting week so far. My Stepfather, Gary, had a second open heart surgery yesterday. He had a quadruple bypass surgery 4 years ago. He was having some more blockage and the doctors were running tests on Tuesday. They determined that he needed another bypass surgery and scheduled it for next week. He started having some complications from the testing and they kept him overnight. Early yesterday morning he started having some heart distress and the doctors ended up doing a double bypass surgery yesterday afternoon.

I sent out emails to my prayer partners (over 300 people) and prayers started going heavenward immediately. The doctors were expecting the surgery to be more complicated than before and for Gary to have a hard recovery. Through prayer, God allowed the surgery to go very well and Gary is already ahead of schedule with his recovery after just 24 hours. The doctors and my family are all surprised by the good news. I'm excited, thankful and full of praise for the blessings God has given us this week.

It was hard to be here in NYC while my family was going through this situation in Indiana. The prayers and emails directed to me really helped me to have peace. I'm so thankful for Christ-loving, prayer trusting friends.

I'm asking everyone to keep Gary and Mom and the rest of my family in their prayers throughout his recovery; asking for physical, emotional and spiritual strength. Thankful for the chance to spend more time together to love and to seek God and walk closely with Him.

It's hard to believe that it's mid-August already. Time is truly flying by. I pray for myself and all of you to take the time to spend quiet moments with God. And to not miss any opportunity to be with loved ones and friends.

I'm enjoying having the time to get out meet new people around the city. And new people are coming into the Space each week. There are so many people, how does God keep up with us all? He's amazing, isn't He?

Until next time... blessings!

No comments: