Friday, May 15, 2009

May 15, 2009

It's Friday evening and I'm waiting on someone to come and buy/pick up my bed. It's kind of nice to have a reason for sitting here resting. I even took a nap on my bed for the last time this afternoon. I packed and shipped another box today. The shipping place is halfway to one of my favorite restaurants of late. I just discovered it last week with my friend Ashley. I ate there for lunch twice last week and four times this week! It's reasonably priced, healthy and so yummy!!

The people at the shipping place know me by sight now. I've been shipping a box a day (approx) for the last 2 weeks. I bought two more boxes today and was carrying them out of the store (all flattened out) and mentioned that I was glad that the wind wasn't blowing. The guy said if it was, I should make sure that it was blowing in the direction of AR! I think I'm the only person he's ever met from AR. I hope I represented the state well to him! ha

It was beautiful today. Sunny and in the 70's. I ran down the street to pick up dinner and loved the walk. As I have been waiting on people to come pick things up, I have enjoyed sitting outside my building on the stoop. I may take an evening walk after the guy picks up my bed in the next hour or so. Gotta soak up the city while I'm still here!

Wednesday night I had dinner at Jason and Erin's place down in Alphabet City. Another friend of mine used to live just a few doors down from them. I remember getting so lost down there before. Now it seems much easier to find my way around the city. It was a great time with the Hardy's and the cats. We have a comfortable connection that I know will last a long time, no matter how far we are apart from each other. I'm blessed by them.

Thursday I met Jenny and Keith and Mike for lunch at a great Greek restaurant on Columbus Ave. I had a really good lamb dinner. I had not eaten lamb before I came here. It's pretty tasty! I tried a dessert of Greek yogurt with honey and other stuff on it. The yogurt was very tart but so good with the sweet honey and other goodies. I love trying new foods. Thanks to Jenny for being my 'foodie idol'. She'll keep broadening my horizons!

Mike and I had fun chatting and strolling down Columbus Ave to his subway stop. I was trying to decide what to do with the rest of my day and opted for a nap and more work on the apartment. And, of course, more connecting with people, this time via email.

This morning Alfredo from the Clinton senior center brought his cart over and we packed it up with more stuff I'm donating to the folks there. That made room for me to move my suitcases and clothes over to one side of the apartment so the guys can get in to move the bed. Sometimes I feel like the Keystone Cops, all by myself. Or maybe the ball inside a pinball machine. Boing, boing, boing...

Well, it's time to bounce off the walls a little more. Then I'll tuck myself into bed on the sofa. I slept on this sofa for the first 2 weeks that I lived here. Going back to the beginning... I like it.
God is bringing me full circle on this journey. I praise Him for being my tour guide through this life. I wouldn't have it any other way!!

No comments: