Friday, April 17, 2009

April 17, 2009

WOW! What a crazy week!
If God can create the world and work huge miracles, why do I continue to be amazed when He moves in unexpected ways in my life? But, I would rather be surprised, thankful and in awe of Him than to just take His work for granted as the 'usual'. Thank you Lord for Your control of my life.

Yesterday and today I am very blessed to be working with 6 young ladies from NC. We are doing a little serving of meals at Coffeehouse and Clinton Center. We dropped off some donated clothing to the women's shelter, also. It's been so interesting to hear about life on their little island and their experiences in the huge, amazing city this week.

God is so faithful in showing me even in small ways that His hand is in the details of my life. This team is working with 2 other ministries here in the city this week. Both of these (Gifted Hands with Dustee Hullinger and Project Dance with Cheryl Cutlip) are precious ministries that I have had the pleasure of knowing and working with. These connections bring me Joy and put a smile on my face this week!

I have had a wonderful experience talking with Karen, the leader of this small group. God is doing wonderful things in her and her family's lives. It's so encouraging to talk to people and hear the different ways in which God uses His people to further His kingdom. He is so faithful in giving us just what we need emotionally at just the right time! I am blessed.

This is a very crazy week for me since God has put my life in what looks like a whirlwind (even though it is all perfectly in order in His understanding). I go through the day bouncing from excitement for the future and tears from the loving welcome coming from those 'back home', to teary eyes about leaving the life and 'family' and friends I have 'here at home'. (I may stock up on kleenex and not bother with makeup for the next 4 weeks! ha) I'm privileged to feel love coming from both places. Thank you Lord.

I really need your prayers! I'm excited to 'go' but sad to 'leave'. Thank you for lifting me up. I am so blessed by friends near and far. And the best love of all, HIS love for me.

I love You Lord. And that is JOY!!

No comments: