Monday, April 6, 2009

April 6, 2009

It's Monday night and I'm tired from posting tons of pictures on Facebook this evening. I lots more to put on there, but it's one of those jobs that's best done in doses...

I continued to take it easy over the weekend. I did venture out Saturday to the library (just a couple blocks away) and the corner market. Sunday was beautiful. I took my time and walked to Times Square and had a nice smoothie from one of my favorite health food restaurants. The a few blocks away to TSAC for Parable. It was a great night of sharing and praying. I'm so thankful that God has brought these people in to my life right now. A few of us went to the diner for our after church meal. You'll be proud of me to know that I had a veggie plate and didn't fall into temptation. One day at a time...

Today I walked to the Clinton center in the cold drizzle. It held off actually raining until I turned the corner, so I only had to walk in full rain for half a block. Luckily I won't melt, and my short haircut won't be bothered by anything, so a few raindrops weren't a problem at all. Normal New York.

It was fun to see everyone today after being 'off' last week. Everything went very smoothly. I skipped the free lunch that workers get, even though it looked and smelled good. I stayed strong for the 'cause'. I'm trying to be good... Anyway, I'll be volunteering an extra day this week to help serve lunch on Wednesday, which is their Easter celebration. That will be fun!

Until my health is better, I will not be serving at GCN across town. I'll just stick to the shifts at Project Find (Coffeehouse and Clinton centers) here close by. It's been hard to slow down. I feel that I should always be 'doing' something. God is really working on me regarding this subject. I'm trying to listen to Him better.

I think I'll be puppysitting Nita a few days this week. She's so tiny that she fits right in here at the apartment. If the weather is nice on Saturday, maybe she and I will take a walk in Central Park. She would like that. And I know I would, too!

I'm working with 5 groups of various sizes who are coming to NYC between now and the end of July to work for various lengths of time. I'm also looking forward to connecting to some visitors this spring, too. My schedule will allow me to explore the city on my down time. I'm looking forward to taking a lot more pictures. I'm starting a picture 'bucket list' to make sure I don't miss anything while the weather is good this spring and summer.

These days leading up to when we celebrate Easter make me think about Jesus' last week. I'm so in awe of the love He had for us that He would go through this last week of His 'human' life. It makes me want to tell Him how much I love Him, appreciate Him and want to live in a way that honors Him. He deserves so much more. But He accepts what we are. His grace is huge to be able to make up the deficit of us. I feel sorry for everyone who doesn't know Him, especially at this precious time of year.

I pray that your week is filled with time to think about Him. To share Him. To honor Him. To love Him. To share the Joy of Christ with family and friends this special week. (oh yeah, and eat lots of chocolate, too!)

1 comment:

cindysig said...

Good for you for trying hard to be a "good girl" on eating! I'm doing better since Maria was here on her Daniel fast....had hummus and sesame crackers for supper, tonight! :-)

Hope the sun is shining for you this weekend and you can get in some park bench time!

Love ya!