Wednesday, April 22, 2009

April 22, 2009

The last few days have been cold and drizzly, but it's been a good excuse to stay in and get lots done here in the apartment. What would we do without computers and internet?! There are so many things to take care of. I've got lists everywhere. I've been teased about my lists in the past, but I would be lost without them!

Yesterday I got the chance to have lunch with Mike. We had a good time of chatting. And I walked on the wild-side and had Chinese food. It was yummy. I was very strict the rest of the day. I'm trying really hard to be 'good' so that I can have the energy and good health to accomplish all I need to do in these last few weeks in the city. I even grabbed a nap this afternoon.

I spent a lot of time today talking with people here in NYC and also in AR. Mostly by phone and email. I'm very blessed to get to interact with the people God has brought into my life. How often I take it for granted. I'm going to work on appreciating more all the interactions I have, even the smallest ones...

Today I have been doing more computer work and started packing my books. Since my apartment is so small, I need to pack a few boxes at a time and then walk them over to shipping place. There, I will buy more boxes and come back and repeat the process. Slowly but surely everything will get where it needs to go.

I've been blessed with some wonderful offers for lodging back in AR. I've prayed about them and agreed to an arrangement that I think will benefit everyone involved. God is so good. I'm thankful for Christian friends with open hearts! I just need to find a vehicle to borrow. God is working things out very well for me and I trust His guidance. Thank you all for lifting me up in prayer for me to be aware of His direction.

I've put together my list of stuff to be sold before I leave. Since I've only lived in this one place since I bought the stuff 2 years ago, I actually have all of the manuals that go with them. That's a first for me!! Anyway, my goal is to make enough off of the sales to cover the cost of shipping my personal items and clothes and also for my plane ticket. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! There are some things that I'm going to donate to the women's shelter and the senior center. Everything has a purpose and a home...

Bible study was great yesterday. Erin and Christi and I have all been traveling over the last few weeks, so it was the first time we have all been in the same place together. There's much going on in each of our lives right now. It's wonderful how the same study can reach each of us in our different needs. God is awesome. We will finish this study just before I leave. I'm thankful we will all be around and can complete it together.

Well, the weather has been cold, but starting tomorrow it's supposed to get better and better every day. I can't wait!! The weekend is supposed to be the best yet! I have more pics to take and people to see! I'll serve at Coffeehouse tomorrow and Clinton on Friday. More sorting and packing and taking boxes to be shipped, but more exploring the city for the last time. It's all exciting and it all brings me Joy!

No comments: