Saturday, April 18, 2009

April 18, 2009

Saturday night and I'm happily tired after a wonderful day of exploring and picture taking with my friend Ashley. She's a college student who has been at NYC for a semester. She will return home to Mississippi in May. We shared the same need for capturing memories of our time in the city before leaving for the south.

It was a gorgeous day in the 70s with beautiful sunshine. Central Park was pretty, even though the trees are still in the budding stage. There was quite a few people walking, sitting, sunning, playing ball, rowing boats and just hanging out. There was even a bride and groom getting some photos taken in their wedding attire. It was interesting to see them sitting in the midst of other people sunning and reading books and just hanging out.

We left the park and had a nice salad plate lunch then walked on down to Rockefeller Center and the Diamond District. There is still the outdoor ice-skating rink and it was funny to see skaters on the ice when the day was so spring-like. Most of the stores in the Diamond District were closed since it was the Sabbath. I'll have to drop by there again on another day for some more pics. I did get a couple of shots of the street lamps that look like giant mounted diamonds. I think they are so cute!

We walked up 8th Ave and dropped in at the Olympic Diner, where I had a few meals when I came up to NYC on a couple of mission trips. We took a little break and I had a very yummy fresh squeezed lemonade. It was heavenly! After our rest, we walked to Whole Foods and picked up some hummus and pita chips and then off to my place for snacks and a movie. It has been a really great day.

I'm still on my emotional roller coaster ride about moving. It's only 4 weeks away. There's lots to get done, but I'm up for the challenge! Following God's plan is worth every detail.

Tomorrow will bring serving at Coffeehouse at lunch and then Parable tomorrow night. After a day of good old walking and fresh air, I think I'll sleep well tonight!

I feel the prayers being lifted up for me. I've been able to sleep more peacefully the last few nights. I'm so thankful for my many Christian friends. God has blessed me richly. I'm truly thankful and finding Joy in Him.

No comments: