Wednesday, June 4, 2008

April 16, 2007

Hey faithful prayer partners!

I want to let you know how God has been answering the prayers you have been offering on my behalf.

I traveled to NYC over Easter weekend and spent 4 days looking into apartments. It was a full 4 days! The apartment broker I was working with didn't produce suitable housing, but I did get to share my testimony with her and told her I would be praying for her. Please remember her in your prayers also. Her name is Marie and she needs Jesus.

I did find my apartment!! I will be subletting a studio apartment on W 64th St, just a block from Lincoln Center. It's tiny and cozy and God answered many prayer requests in this one venture. He gave me a friendly neighbor (Tiffany and Josh, the kids I'm subletting from) and Tiffany has a heart for the kids in the neighborhood. She was hoping for a tenant who wouldn't mind the kids being around. (smile!) The building is clean and safe, there is a laundry room just down the hall from me (really special in NYC) and, quite a surprise - there's a free workout room in the building! This was an especially wonderful blessing since I couldn't take my treadmill or exercise bike with me to NYC. I'm a few blocks from shopping, 2 blocks from the subway and bus stops. It's just 3 subways stops (about a 10 minute ride) from work. I'm sure there will be lots of opportunities for God's grace as I settle in, but I really feel this is where He wants me to be for now. He is so faithful and He has work for me to do. I'm ready to see what all comes my way in my neighborhood.

I will be leaving NW Arkansas by plane on May 8th. I will take all the clothes I can fit into my suitcases and probably UPS a couple of boxes of (lightweight) household items. Other than that, I will definitely be traveling light! It has been very liberating getting rid of so much material stuff! (I will be having a final moving sale on May 5th.)

My prayer requests are:
  • Safe travel to NYC on May 8th
  • To Glorify God in sharing the little blessings He brings to me for my new home and new life in NYC
  • To make it through all the 'goodbye for now' moments with friends
  • To be a good witness for Tiffany and Josh
  • For the411nyc church family as they prepare for me to join them
  • That God be glorified in all parts-large and small-of my life
Thank you all for your love and prayers. You are such a blessing to me!

My schedule:
Last day of work: Friday, May 5
Last moving sale: Saturday, May 5
Last Sunday at FBCR: Sunday, May 6
Flying off to NYC: Tuesday, May 8

Please pray for me especially on these important dates. It is hard to go away and I will be leaving a part of my heart in NW Arkansas. But more importantly, I'm taking a piece of each of you with me in this partnership of God's ministry in NYC. Your love and support and prayers are so precious to me. I love you all so dearly. And I thank God that He has brought our lives together. To HIM be the GLORY in EVERYTHING!!!

No comments: