Wednesday, June 4, 2008

February 28, 2007

Hey faithful prayer partners!

Thank you so much for your prayers. Our God is mighty and loving and He hears when we pray for each other. Thank you for going to Him on my behalf.

I just want to update you on the progress of my transition to the mission field of NYC.

I don't have the exact departure date, but I need to be moved, settled in and ready for work at the411nyc by the middle of MAY.

I'm flying to NYC over Easter weekend to work with an apartment broker and hopefully (prayerfully) will come back knowing what my humble abode will be like.

My expectation is to find a studio apartment (1 room for bed/living room/kitchen combined + bathroom) or a 1 bedroom apartment (1 bedroom, living room/kitchen + bath), if it's cheap enough. (The 1 bedroom option would be good for when a few people come to NYC at a time and I can put them up at my apartment and save them a hotel bill!)

I know that God has the perfect place picked out for me. I just have to find it! He will provide me with a safe, clean, affordable place with neighbors who He has chosen to be a part of my life. I can't wait to meet the people He is going to bring into my life and across my path!

My prayer requests are:
  • Safe travel to NYC for the apartment search April 5-8
  • To find God's choice of a home for me
  • To have enough financial support to afford the minimum rent
  • To make it through unbelievably document-laden application process
  • That I don't miss the opportunities to witness and minister to others by being too wrapped up in this transition process
  • For the411nyc church family as they prepare for me to join them
  • That God be glorified in all parts-large and small- of my life
Thank you all for your love and prayers.
You are such a blessing to me!

No comments: