Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Indiana Trip May 2008 (includes pics)

I had a great visit with family in May. I was my Mom's surprise 70th birthday present. I also got to see my great-nephew, who grew a lot since my last visit in over a year - go figure! I got to spend time with my Dad and see other family members over the weekend.

I stayed with my sister Sandy and her husband, Terry, at their house on a hill in the middle of 15 acres. It was beautiful and peaceful. I really loved being able to cook in a real kitchen!

My niece allowed me to be a part of the trip to pick out her wedding dress. She will be getting married next spring. That was a treat for me.

My other sister, Pam and her husband, Robert, came over for the day. They brought everyone candles that they have been making.

All the fresh air gave me an allergy attack like crazy. I flew home with stopped up ears and a horrible congestion headache. It took about 3 weeks to get over it. That will teach me to leave the city air!

Hope you enjoy the pictures.



House on the hill in the middle of 15 acres.
What a front yard!









Welcome!








Looks like Arkansas, huh?








The backyard where we relaxed








Connor fell asleep while chewing







The 'boys' table











Mom in her birthday hat and scarf








blowing out Mamaw Shirley's candles









Pam and Rob








Sandy & Terry







Sandy in her Shrek party hat









Stacey with her fiance Chad and his son Cameron







Mom and my stepdad Gary









Dad and his great-grandson Connor






Me and Dad










Grandpa Terry and Connor sitting around the ol' campfire

No comments: