Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Celebrating Joy... Join me in this Journey

The following is a letter sent out to my Prayerpartners of the last 2 years. It's a quick update about the journey that God has brought me on in NYC. I pray that God speaks to you in some way through these words. Thank you for your interest, prayers, love and support over this time of serving Him.


Celebrating Joy.........Join me in this Journey

It’s been over 2 years since God called me to prepare to come and serve Him fulltime in NYC. And in May, it will be 2 years since I arrived with my overstuffed suitcases and moved into my little apartment. I can still feel that excitement and apprehension all rolled into one. His call is my Joy.
God has blessed me in so many ways on this journey. He has also stretched, challenged, molded, humbled, grown, and drawn me closer to Him through everything He has allowed in my life. What Joy!


The transition from the411nyc to Parable Church has been interesting and rewarding. This strong body of believers and seekers want to know and trust God more deeply, and serve others in His name. Our church is very streamlined and basic, choosing to use our resources on ministry more than on office rent, etc. These changes have allowed me more time to personally serve and meet with more people to which God has provided opportunity to minister. I am very blessed to know, work beside, worship and minister with the people of Parable Church. Parable brings me Joy.
There have been some wonderful volunteer teams come to serve in NYC on short-term missions these last 2 years. Some of them will be lifetime friends and prayer warriors. I’ve been blessed, encouraged and challenged through those experiences. I pray that they have been also. They give me Joy.

As I start out serving in NYC in 2009, I find myself reflecting on how God has used my unworthy life to represent Him. He can use anything or anyone He chooses, even me, when I give Him control of my life. He’s equipped me with compassion, mercy and grace, and all I need to do is to love on people here in whatever way He directs – He provides the opportunities and I just share His love and compassion and truth. The Lord is my strength and my Joy.
There is more to serving here than just me being physically present. This ministry takes hundreds of obedient people praying, encouraging, coming to serve, and giving financially. This assignment has never been about just me. It’s about God’s people coming together for a particular goal that He has determined. This is Joy shared.

After much prayer over the last 4 months, I feel God calling me to stay and serve in NYC for another season. So many things are coming together for His truth to be revealed in the lives of people here. I’ve struggled with this decision only when I focused on finances. God has brought me back to the beginning of my journey of faithful provision. He has impressed upon me to focus on the ‘needs of others’ and He will take care of providing the ‘necessities for me’. His direction and provision bring Joy.

There are many expenses incurred in serving as a Missionary in NYC and God has been faithful through some very lean times. I know He will provide through His people the material needs for this coming year. It is my privilege to invite His people to join in this ministry. There is Joy in working together and being obedient to Him.

I ask you to prayerfully consider how God wants you to join in this ministry… through prayer, giving, coming to NYC, whatever HE directs. Be obedient, be blessed, and find Joy in serving Him.

Following Him Always,

Vickie

No comments: