Saturday, February 14, 2009

February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!
A day set aside each year to think about love, sweethearts, chocolate, flowers, jewelry, and all those other 'treats' in life that we find so sweet! Unfortunately, some people find this day to be depressing because they think they are missing out on love by not having a 'special someone' at the moment. I understand; I've been there in my past. It's been years since I've had a romantic someone in my life, and I'm very happy about that! I don't feel deprived at all by not having a romantic someone in my life.

God has filled my heart with all levels of that concept called 'love'.
I love Him so much. No one could be more faithful and true. No one could love me so unconditionally and be so forgiving and patient with me.

He gives me family and friends with whom to share the seasons of my life. Each relationship is as unique as the person I'm sharing it with. People who love me will lift me up to the Father, be honest in conversation, encourage and correct me, help me grow, share the joys and also the sorrows of my life.

He gives me a deep contentment, that I call love, for the work He allows me to do here in His name.

I'm so glad that 'love' isn't just romantic feelings between 2 people. Don't get me wrong, that kind of love is beautiful and a gift from God, and I do respect it (even though joke about it sometimes). I'm seriously glad that God created us with feelings and desires and emotions like happiness and joy. I'm also thankful that He can make 'love' meaningful on so many levels.

Now, back to today. Here's what I 'love' about the day He gave me:
  • I woke up feeling better than I have in the last week.
  • My friend, Ashley, came by with a goodie basket of some of my favorite things: strawberries, blueberries, tea, fresh veggies, hummus, and purple tulips!!
  • My lunch with Ashley was yummy - organic greens and fresh veggies on the bottom, grilled Mediterranean veggies on top with grilled salmon
  • A stop in at my favorite natural store for a carrot-pear-orange-ginger juice - YUM
  • Visits with 4 friends at the old space building
  • Observing 'interesting' people on the bus home
  • A stop in the library near my home
  • Receiving cards in the mail
  • Getting 'valentine' wishes from friends near and far by email and facebook

I'm praying that everyone feels love from someone today. And I pray especially that everyone stops to listen to God's words of love for them.

Blessings and Joy and Love to You!

No comments: