Monday, February 23, 2009

February 23, 2009

It's Monday and it's been a couple of cold days to be out running around. But I have enjoyed it all. Saturday I met my friend for tea. By the time I got home, Nita's mommy was ready to pick her up. I miss having her little furry self around, but she was glad to be home, I'm sure.

Sunday I got to help serve lunch at Coffeehouse. I haven't been there on Sundays for a while. I got to see Myra, one of the workers that I have missed. She and Alfonso are helping me with my Spanish vocabulary. I definitely need to be more disciplined on that subject!!

Parable met at Erin's conference room Sunday night. Will shared more on the subject of the 'desert series' that Mike started a few weeks ago. It was very good. After the message/discussion, I headed home while everyone else settled in with their ballots to watch the Oscars. I was tired and very glad to get home to my jammies and warm apartment.

I had my camera with me today at the Clinton center. We were taking pictures of me actually working (ha) and some of the other volunteers. Due to confidentiality, I can't post most of them, but we had a great time taking them. I met a new volunteer who I'll see every Monday. It was her first day there and she loved it. I'll get to visit more with her each Monday. Fun!

Tomorrow I'll meet Mike in Queens for a little catching up and lunch. Then I'll serve at GCN and then off to Bible study. It will be a good day of input and sharing. I love the variety that God allows in my days. I'm always watching for the opps He provides in the 'normal' stuff.

I'm working on pics, info, display stuff, talking points, etc for when I go to AR on Sunday for GIC next week. There is so much to share. I'm praying about what parts God wants me to highlight. Please pray for me in this endeavor.

God unexpectedly answered a special prayer for me this week. He encouraged a fine lady back home to send me a financial love gift. This came right when I was wondering how I was going to make it through until my next 'support' check hits the bank at week's end. The timing was perfect (as God's timing always is) and it was special for me becuase the beautiful note card had a theme of a flowery tea pot. I'm really into tea right now and especially the 'quiet, reflective' time that having tea represents in many cultures. Also included in the package was a few old copies of IN TOUCH magazines. The title of one of them is "The Positive Power of Joy". That just made me smile even more. That package, and the love and gift from my friend truly brought me JOY!

I've got a lot of chores to accomplish this week before I head out of the city. Each day has a service opp and a meeting scheduled. I need to get my head sheared before I leave, too. I think it's all planned out, so we'll see how 'fluid' I am when God makes a few changes!! ha

I'm so excited to get to see all my friends in Rogers as well as the other M's who have gone out from my home church. There's going to be a lot of hugging going on!!!

I'm tired now, even after a 2 1/2 nap late this afternoon. I'm trying not to push it too hard while I'm still in 'recovery mode'. But I'm very thankful to feel good enough to do what I'm able. HE is my strength.

No matter what our limitations, we need to make the most of every minute and every day. We have to acknowledge and accept our limitations, but not let them become excuses. God knows what our abilities are in any given minute. He has planned accordingly. If He asks it of us, He provides the strength and way to accomplish it. The key is to look for HIS way. I have to remind myself of that daily. He is good... and patient!

And I'm thankful.

No comments: