Monday, March 9, 2009

Friday, March 6, 2009

This day started off with a luncheon for the Ms and the FBC Rogers staff. It was good to chat with some of the people that I served with while on staff myself for 3 years. I have to say that I wasn’t very good about my food situation today. I went to the luncheon very hungry and ate too much protein since it was the only thing I could eat. I ended up sick for the afternoon. That just reminded me that I can’t do this on my own. I need God’s grace to get me through each day at the food trough. After some tummy meds, green tea and a restful visit with two lovely friends, I was feeling much better. I did, however, opt to skip the Children of the World concert and stay in for the night. A dinner of just veggies had me back on track, and giving control back to God.
At the Staff Luncheon, Bro Wes asked the Ms if there was anything we wanted the Staff to pray over us about. I thought about asking for healing from the liver stuff, but the more that I think about it, I am thankful that it is actually a day-to-day process. It keeps me connected to God just that much more closely. It also reminds me that like the diligence of watching what goes into my body, I need to be just as diligent about what is going into my heart and mind every day. I need these hands-on experiences to make it stick!
Having tea with Nancy and Jean was so refreshing. We chatted and looked at NYC pics and they blessed me with a wonderful love gift and also a really neat Bible to use for leading study groups. How precious!

It’s been so relaxing staying with Kaye and Dean. Kaye and I talk about foods (she’s an awesome caterer), family, faith and lots of female stuff! Dean is fun to tease. He’s very serious. I count it a joy when I can make him grin. Staying in their guest room is like being in the best NYC hotel. (well, at least what I would imagine it to be!) They are very gracious and generous in offering me a refreshing respite.

No comments: