Monday, March 9, 2009

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Staying in 2 different places over these 11 days has it’s challenges. I realized when getting dressed for church that my dress pants were still at Nana Ruth’s house. I called her and she brought them to church and I changed quickly in the bathroom. Everyone loved the jacket I received from Kaye. It was nice to dress up. I don’t ever dress up in NYC.
I was blessed to talk with 3 ladies Adult Bible Fellowship (ABF) classes. I still call them Sunday School classes, but I’m trying to be politically correct in the label! It was fun to share my life with them. They are so good to help support me in NYC. Their checks and their prayers are like gold to me. I love them all so much.
Worship service was special for GIC, with a guest speaker who was very good, music by Children of the World which was interesting, but I have to say I really missed the choir and orchestra and especially hearing Bro Wes speak. I love my ‘home’ church, and as Bro Wes says “in my humble and accurate opinion” we have the best church around, especially when it comes to missions!!
I was blessed to a fun lunch with the Rezniceks. We went to Colton’s and I had the best grilled salmon and baked sweet potato. I really enjoyed eating peanuts and throwing them on the floor, too! We had such a good visit. I’m so thankful for the time with them.
I packed up my stuff at Kaye and Dean’s and headed back to Nana Ruth’s house. I couldn’t believe how much stuff there was to carry in! I’m definitely going to ship a box back to NYC!
Nana Ruth and I enjoyed an afternoon talking and I fought off a nap as hard as I could, but finally succumbed about 6pm. Then we had our individual little meals and watched the movie ‘Fireproof’. It was a nice evening. I still went to bed early (for me) at 10pm. But keeping in mind that NYC is 1 hour ahead, it doesn’t seem so early after all. A good night’s sleep was had by all.
Now I can spend a couple of days just running around and enjoying people before I head back to the city. I do have an eye exam scheduled for tomorrow, which is a huge blessing. Some lunch dates and some more shopping for necessities at Walmart will round out the stay.
I’m enjoying this time of relaxing and rejuvenation. God is so good and He uses His people to bless each other. I’m so thankful and full of JOY!

No comments: