Monday, March 9, 2009

Thursday, March 5, 2009

I’m staying in two different homes while in Rogers, so my stuff is strung out across town, including leaving things in Kellie’s office. After a yummy bowl of Kaye’s oatmeal and morning chat with her and Dean, I headed off to collect things I needed for the day. Lunch with the Senior Adult ministry was great. It’s so good to see friends and hear what all is going on with them. The Saints Alive Choir (senior adult choir) sang beautifully and I loved every note!
All the Ms trotted over to the auditorium for some Q & A time with the Christian School kids. Many of them remembered me as the Puppet Lady, who would perform puppets in Chapel every once in a while. These kids also collected socks to send to me in NYC to be given out to the homeless. My, how they are growing up.
I was blessed to spend an hour with my former neighbor, Mrs. Christy. She is a very special lady in my life. She was there to take care of me during illness, drive me to and from work when I had a walking cast, be a loving mentor, and just a great all around neighbor!
Then off to a dinner hosted by 3 of the Adult Bible Fellowship classes who are sponsoring me this week. We ate at Golden Corral, which had plenty of variety of good stuff for me. And I have to say that the ‘bad’ stuff looked pretty good, too. But I’ve been faithful to eat what’s best for me. And I can assure you that it is taking a lot of Grace from God to do it. Anyway, these lovely people listened to me ramble about serving in NYC and how faithful God has been to me. They asked questions, listened intently and even laughed at my jokes! Now that’s true friendship. In this group of people are some of best role models and encouragers I have been blessed to know. They showered me with gifts (much needed lotions and potions) and money to help me make it in NYC. They are my heroes.
This week has really flown by, but it has been so full, that it feels like it’s been more than a week here. I’m soaking up every minute of it.
God is so full of love and compassion. He gives us so much in our lives to make us happy. I’m so thankful to Him.
Now, off to bed so I can start another fun filled day tomorrow!!

No comments: