Thursday, March 12, 2009

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I got to start the day with a nice visit with Bro Wes (the Sr Pastor at my home church). We talked a lot about how God works in our lives in unexpected ways. I have a lot of respect for Bro Wes and his wisdom and integrity. I know I don't tell him that often enough. (if you see him, let him know!)

I was blessed on this day to get an eye exam. So many people have honored me with gifts and services. It is so wonderful and helpful!

I ran back out to the Lifeway Christian Store to pick up some Bibles and books. I was happy to run in to Sherry, who I haven't seen in years. We are friends on facebook, so we have chatted just a little. It was nice to get a hug!

I had lunch with my friend Linda, who I met the first year in AR (1990). It was good to catch up with her. I'm promising everyone to be better about correspondence. Being 'friends' on facebook helps a lot. Having this blog is a really big help to me, too. Anyway, Linda and I had lunch at Mi-Mi's restaurant. Every place I go I had enjoyed trying interesting things on the menus. Even with my special diet, I can find things that will suffice. I'm probably enjoying the experimenting more than I enjoyed foods before. And I know that I feel better.

I visited with Mrs. Christy (my neighbor when I lived in the 'church' apartments) for a little while. She has meant so much to me. She took such good care of me over the years. She is honest, fair, frank, loving and wonderful. I miss living right next door to her.

Dinner was spent with the Janes family. They are soooo much fun! After eating at A Taste of Thai restaurant, the kids performed a puppet show for me and we videoed it. the kids also played musical instruments for me. Then we took lots of pictures and had dessert. It was fun to hang out with them.

I'm still wondering how all these kids keep growing up so much...

No comments: