Wednesday, March 25, 2009

March 25, 2009

Wednesday noon. Midweek. Reflecting back and looking forward.
I feel like I'm in 'that place' in my life right now, too. Actually, I feel that way a lot. And that's a good way to live. We get so focused on making the parts of our lives 'secure' and 'permanent' that we miss all those blessings God brings in 'each moment'. It's a daily challenge for me to give Him control of all things. (It's my nature to be in control myself.) But that keeps me from taking HIS control for granted.

Yesterday I was waking up for the day and thinking about the appointments I had set up. I was also feeling a little under the weather and hoping to find time for some good study and reading. But I left it up to God to help me feel up to the challenge of the day. Within 30 minutes, I received emails and text messages and the 3 appointments were all rescheduled (due to other people's needs) and I had the day free to stay in, rest, take care of my physical self, read and study. I love having God as my appointment secretary!! He knows exactly what I need and when.

Today I will serve dinner at GCN and then head off to the rescheduled Bible Study at Erin's. It will be great to see Erin and Christi after me being gone and then Erin being gone. It's been a few weeks since we've been together. We're studying 12 Extraordinary Women of the Bible. Each discussion brings out so much as God works in each of our lives in different ways. I'm so thankful for His Word and for Christian sisters to share with. No matter how much you study it, the Bible always has something new to say. It's more than a book of paper and ink. It's a vessel for understanding. A true blessing. Something to treasure, and use!!!

I'm really trying to be good and make healthy choices in my eating. It's fun sometimes and a pain (that it's not as easy as 'regular' food) at other times. Sometimes I get discouraged that I can be very diligent about food, but still have the queasiness and pain in my side. Some days I wish it would just go away. But no matter what, I'm thankful that it reminds me that it's just as important to pay close attention to my spiritual health each day, too.

We take our physical health for granted until we feel discomfort or pain. We take our spiritual health for granted until we run into uncomfortable or painful situations. Good health (both kinds) can help to avoid 'sickness' or at least help us to be more able to get through the 'treatment and recovery' process. The main thing is to listen to the Great Physician for both types of health issues. He created us and He knows what's best for us. The most important thing we can do is to take the time to LISTEN to Him daily. If we're too busy to have time with Him each day, then we're not just busy - we're wrong! And we need to make adjustments! If we don't, we not only end up terminally sick in the end, but we also miss out on the blessings of feeling healthy and robust each day. There's physical power in healthy foods and there is awesome spiritual power in walking close to Him daily.
This brings strength, energy, stamina, peace, happiness and JOY!


My favorite juice place on 9th Ave. My 'usual' is carrot/pear/orange/ginger. Yum!








I like how they cover Sunday...

No comments: