Monday, March 9, 2009

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I started the day (after quiet time and journaling, of course) by working for 3 hours on putting together the slideshow of NYC pics for my GIC display. It’s so hard to choose what pics to use and if there are too many or not enough and… I finally finished this project about 30 minutes before the displays had to be open. A few hours were spent on putting together all the stuff I had brought from NYC. It’s the first time that I have done a display for Parable and my ministry in NYC. It didn’t turn out too bad, if I do say so myself.
I put out a hat with ‘good deed’ coins for people to take as a reminder to do something for someone else, that no deed is too small to matter, and to be faithful in giving to missions and ministry. I also put out some fake tattoos just for fun! Hobby Lobby had some white Christmas type lights really cheap, so I strung them across the top of the display. If you squint your eyes and move your head really fast they look kind of like the skyline of NYC. Well, sort of…
We had a yummy meal for the Ms and their hosts, then off to the auditorium for the kick-off celebration. Oh how I miss the wonderful music of FBC Rogers’ choir and orchestra! The Brooklyn Tab has nothing on them, let me tell ya! There were flags from many nations presented. It was really nice.
The service was great. The Youth choir sang, the Worship choir sang, the Children’s choir sang, everyone sang, clapped and praised our wonderful God. Four people were baptized. One of them was a guy who had been prayed for during the entire time that Pastor Jaime has been at the church. After six years of prayers, this man accepted Christ as Savior. When he came up out of the water, he turned and gave Jaime the biggest bear hug. What a way to express the tremendous joy in his heart! I did pretty good about not getting emotional until they called all the Ms to the stage and at the end all the congregation stood up and clapped for us. It is soooo humbling and an honor to serve our God. It just set off floodgates from my eyes! Oh well, they were heavenly tears! I’m not ashamed of the tears, but I do make some really weird faces when trying not to cry. But I wasn’t the only one up there with wet eyes. God fills our hearts with emotion and sometimes it just overflows. I’m so thankful to feel those emotions from Him. (even if I do make funny faces) The end of the service was a time for personal commitment to God’s call for ministry and missions service locally and abroad. Dozens and dozens of people came forward to the altar to acknowledge that decision publically. Happy tears were flowing!!
After the service, our displays were open and people came by for hugs and kisses and to check out what our ministries are all about. It was so much fun to see everyone! Again, I marvel at how these kids can grow up so much when I’m not getting any older! Ha
It was such a great night. To God be all glory and honor and praise and love and respect and …

No comments: