Monday, March 9, 2009

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Left my apartment at 7:20am by shuttle van to the airport. The driver was not too crazy, but he drove a little jerk-y, so I was glad I took my ginger pills to ward off motion sickness. I got to the airport a couple of hours early, so I parked myself at the food court with a juice and did some Bible study.
As the plane took off, it seemed that everyone was quiet, but not too tense. However, once we were airborne without bird attacks, everyone seemed to start chatting. I think the ‘miracle on the Hudson’ was on our minds just a little bit…After a brief layover in Dallas, I made it to NW Arkansas. Looking down at the landscape and all the hundreds of chicken houses, I knew I was ‘home’. The Janes family picked me up at the airport and I couldn’t believe how much the kids have grown. Have I really been gone that long? I was safely deposited at Nana Ruth’s house and after dinner and a long chat, snuggled in to bed tried to sleep in this quiet place. I had brought my ‘noise machine’ with me just in case, and used it to sleep by.

No comments: