Thursday, March 12, 2009

Monday, March 9, 2009

I woke up another year older. After hitting 50 and moving to NYC, each additional year doesn't seem like such a big deal. It was really fun to spend the day in Rogers, though. I went to lunch with Kellie, hung out at FBCR, hit Walmart another time, had dinner with my friend Zandra and her daughter Hannah, gave the car back to the Browns and went to bed feeling very blessed.

I received tons of birthday wishes on facebook and I thank everyone for those! How fun to have my phone buzzing off and on all day long with calls, emails and facebook messages. I was truly blessed.

The Janes family called and sang Happy Birthday to me over the phone. It was wonderful... down to the last cha-cha-cha!

Lunch was at Maria's Mexican restaurant and I filled up on the meat and veggies from the fajitas! I saw a few friends there, which was fun.

Dinner with Zandra and Hannah was at Copelands New Orleans restaurant. Hannah got to enjoy my free birthday sundae. I enjoyed watching her. I did steal a couple of bites of Zandra's cheesecake. It was good. I also enjoyed the gumbo ya-ya and cesar salad with grilled shrimp. Yum! Zandra is one of the first people I met when moving to AR in March of 1990. She immediately invited me to church. I'll always remember that. Hannah has always called me Vickie Bead because we would make tons of stuff with the millions of beads I had when babysitting her. I always love spending time with Zandra. She's a special friend.

It was a good birthday. I'm still waiting to see what surprises God has in store for me this year!
I know it will be JOYFUL!!

No comments: