Saturday, March 14, 2009

March 14, 2009

Saturday evening. I'm home catching up on correspondence and watching a little tv. I was up early and fit in a nice nap early afternoon.

Yesterday I enjoyed serving lunch at the Clinton center. Then I walked down to the TSAC (our old building) and rented the room for Parable worship for tomorrow night. I stopped in to say hi to Carmen and Thom, who work in the rental office. I grabbed a hug from a very busy John Cooper and said hi to Paulina. It's really good to see how well Turtleshell Productions is doing, but I miss getting the chance to talk with John and Paulina. I hung around in the lobby chatting with Pepe while waiting to meet up with Mike. I like feeling welcome in the old building.

Mike and I had a good lunch at Uncle Nick's Greek restaurant. I loved the grilled lamb and veggies. We were able to spend a few hours talking in peace and quiet. It was really nice. There was lots to catch up on. I'm very blessed to work with Mike and to have him as a friend.

I stopped by Whole Foods and loaded up on some good produce and organic stuff. I love fruits and veggies... All in all I walked about 3 miles for the day (kind of normal). It was nice to get out and get some exercise and fresh (?) air. I was good and tired by bedtime, too. (I was way too pampered in AR!)

GIC in AR was very good for me. Besides being pampered and loved on, getting rest and sharing with many people, God also used that time to continue giving me a new perspective on serving Him. It's a continual journey that changes a little each day. To be the most effective for Him, it's important to watch everyday for the subtleties of each moment. There is so much to be done for Him. The more we are willing to invest of ourselves, the more involved He allows us to be. What an opportunity. And what a way to grow. I'm so thankful for the relationship He allows me to have with Him.

No comments: