Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Okay, now I'm caught up on the day-to-day reporting from AR.

My plane took off just fine at 10-ish this morning. (the crew didn't show up until 15 mins before departure, so I wasn't too sure we would make it on time) The flight was uneventful and I even grabbed a little nap. I arrived in NYC on time, found my luggage right away, and then waited for what seemed like forever for the grumpy shuttle van driver to show up. Yep, I was back in NYC!!

I made it home about 4pm (2 hours after the plane landed) and called to see how things were going at the Coffeehouse for tonight. They had enough volunteers since they thought I was still out of town, so I got the evening off.

I ran to the corner market for a few food items, came home and fixed dinner (no pushing the envelope on the healthy eating now that I'm home) and settled in on the sofa in my jammies with the computer on my lap. I've got a long list of thank yous to send, 2 suitcases and a backpack to unload (I think they gained weight on the plane) and lots of memories to record. Life is good.

I'll meet with Mike tomorrow to catch up on all things Parable and I'll serve lunch at Clinton center. I'm looking forward to a trip to Whole Foods to load up on produce and organic stuff! Yay!

I really had a great time in AR. It was so refreshing, invigorating, healing and wonderful. I've been on the planning and executing side of GIC plenty, but it was very nice (and strange) to be on the receiving side of it. I want everyone to know how much they have touched me. For those I missed talking to, I'll rely on God to share some love with them.

I feel even more dedicated to serving God in HIS way and timing. For me that means less and less control on my end of what He brings into my life. Everything about our lives are for a season, and only God knows how long those seasons are to last. We're so much more effective for Him when we let go of the control in our lives and let Him reveal His plans. It's very opposite of my personality to not have a full understanding of plans (and plan Bs). It is so liberating (and scary) to live life day to day waiting for Him to show me the opportunities that He has waiting for me. I vow to Him to try to live each day focusing more on the moment so that I don't miss what I'm supposed to do. I trust Him completely. I love being 'mobile' and will try to keep my physical, emotional and spiritual suitcases packed and ready for the next 'adventure' He sends me on. Whether that is right here, a short hop away or across the world. I'm ready to 'ship out' or 'hunker down', whatever He calls me to do.

I'm so thankful for all the prayers and love and support from wonderful Christian friends. We're all in this ministry together. Some of us are feet, some are eyes, some are mouths, some are... But we're all part of the same body. And the body all works together for the same purpose. I'm glad we're all connected. And this means we get to share the JOY!!!

1 comment:

mjp said...

you are just so beautiful. :)