Wednesday, March 18, 2009

March 18, 2009

Wednesday night. Feeling good and tired and reflective.

Sunday I served lunch at Coffeehouse. It was good to see Alfonso, Myra and Augustine again. And I always like serving the people there. Then we had a small group at Parable on Sunday night. A few people were sick, a few out of town, a few were working, a few were recovering from working too much... We had a good discussion, lots of prayer, and then we went out to eat afterwards. After that, four of us went to the Virgin Records store at Times Square. It's closing down and having a huge clearance sale. Even the store fixtures are on sale. So many businesses are closing...

Monday I served at Clinton. There were a couple of people there who are part of a work program. One guy was very interesting to talk with about his other work assignments. I spent a large part of Monday evening reading and working on my Bible study.

Tuesday I took 2 big bags of socks to GCN. (Augustine told me that the socks were a big hit at Coffeehouse. People changed into their new socks right on the spot!) Maura said they can always use new socks at GCN. Thank you kids from Shining Stars Preschool in Rogers AR!! You've made many feet in NYC very happy!!

Today I spent the morning with my friend Erin, who was released from the hospital. I went over to NYU Medical Center on the East Side and helped her get home. She took a shower and got all tucked into bed and we chatted a little. I've really missed talking with her since she's been sick for the better part of the last 6 months. Please keep her in your prayers to get better and be her wonderful 'old' self.

I came back across town and had lunch. I stopped in at Europan restaurant and grabbed a simple spinach salad and then came home and added some veggies that I had on hand. I also made a tuna sandwich with soy mayo. It was pretty good. Then back across town to serve dinner. I worked really hard at GCN tonight. It was fun. Vanessa said I should get a raise. I think instead of $0 I'll get $00. ha

I stopped off at Whole Foods for some good grub and came home for hummus, pita bread, green peppers and grapes. I don't really make meals anymore. It's more like grazing. But I'm enjoying it.

I found out that my brother-in-law is home now, but my sister is in the hospital with her diabetes problems again. Hopefully they will both be home and recovering by the weekend.

I'm very tired tonight, but loving the chance to get to run around the city in decent weather. I'm ready for spring! I can't wait to get back over to Central Park for a full day of taking pictures. I need to check out the upper half of the park. I covered a lot of the lower and middle parts one day last summer. I won't be chowing on the hotdogs this time, though!

I realized that the cable to down load pictures from my camera are in one of the boxes that I had shipped to me from Rogers, so I'll have to add pics to the previous postings a little later.

I'm still feeling blessed by my trip to AR for GIC. I've had some really nice messages from people that I had the chance to speak with. God is so good in helping me share my heart. I'm thankful that He fills it with His love. I'm also thankful for all the ways He shows me Joy.

No comments: