Thursday, March 12, 2009

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Oh my! I started the day with a lovely massage! Thank you Michelle Foster for the wonderful gift! You are great at this! I recommend you to all my friends in NW Arkansas!!
It was really nice to visit with Michelle while getting the very relaxing massage.

I snuck another trip to one of the Walmarts in Rogers. I know it sounds like I was spending a lot of money, but really I wasn't. I was just grabbing some much needed items that are so much cheaper in Rogers than in NYC.

Lunch with Cindy at Marketplace Express was very yummy and reminded me a lot of NYC. Except of course that it was at a free standing building, clean sidewalks, roomy interior and not crowded. :) It was a surprise to see Michael and David there, too. I just love running into people!

Yet another trip to the other Rogers Walmart to find something I was wanting to find. Thank you Cindy for the birthday shoes!

I was lucky to spend a little time chatting with John Caubble, who is my missions-mentor. We shared a lot of insight and gave each other some things to be thinking and praying about.

Back to the church to hang out until time to go to the airport. Mid-afternoon I received a call from the airlines saying they were delaying my flight 2 hours. I cheerily said 'thanks!' and I think the caller was wondering if a. I misunderstood or b. I'm crazy. The answer is b. Really, I was glad to get to spend a little more time with the peeps at FBCR. I got the chance to see a few more people and get some more hugs!

Kellie and Cindy took me to the airport and I got all checked in. We waited on the plane to finally show up after more delays. We boarded and got belted in. Then they de-planed us and said the flight was cancelled due to 'crew legality', which I interpreted to mean that they crew would be flying too many hours if the flight went out. Since XNA airport doesn't have a stable of planes or crews, there was to be no more flying that night. Others needed hotel vouchers and early morning flights. I scurried to the ticketing desk and told them I didn't need a hotel room and that I would take a later morning flight so that others could go out early. Now, my motivation was purely for others... I didn't want to get up for a 6:30am flight!! I called Kellie to come back to get me, changed my shuttle van reservation in NYC for the new flight, grabbed my luggage and settled in with a hot cup of tea to watch for my ride. I felt bad for the other passengers who were 'stuck' in NWA another night. I was happy! Nana Ruth was very willing to offer her spare room for another night. This change really worked out well for me. Otherwise I was going to end up at my apartment in the middle of the night (by the time I got home from LGA). This way, I got a good night's sleep in Rogers and then made it home in the afternoon of the next day.

I was pretty mellow. I know people were praying for my travel home. Also, the massage helped a little to keep me calm, (ya think?)

No comments: