Monday, March 9, 2009

Saturday, March 7, 2009

This day started with a luncheon for the lady Ms and the ladies of FBCR. (the men Ms were treated to an early breakfast and some kind of manly outing.) Yummy chicken wraps and salad hit the spot on my food plan! I enjoyed it very much. My table-mates were fun to talk with. There are so many people who have been role models for me and great encouragers. I know I have not thanked them enough. I hope that God will give them a big heart-hug from me.
The 3 year old choir sang for us. How precious!! Then we M ladies sat up front and were asked questions about our lives and our ministries. It was very informative and funny. I enjoyed it very much.
After the luncheon, I got to spend a few hours with one of my best friends from Rogers and cohort from years past, Sherrie. It was sooooo wonderful to be with her. We have worked beside each other in millions of hours of serving with missions and the puppet team and creative ministries team and Youth on Mission and mission trips to Monterrey MX , and on and on… She is such a blessing to me!!! We hit the new Target store that opened here in Rogers, TJ Maxx (to get a top for me to wear with a beautiful jacket I received from Miss Kaye), and then off to the Lifeway Christian store! I picked out a wonderful new Bible for my brother-in-law. I could spend days in that store, but we went back to the church and sat and talked for awhile. It was a great afternoon.
I got the chance to talk with kids on Saturday evening. My friend Jeff used a puppet to interview me. The kids listened really well and asked a few questions. I visited the breakout rooms that they were rotating through for missions movie and popcorn, Bible study, crafts, activities and more. It was so fun. The theme was baseball and one of the crafts was to make a picture frame using little baseball bats. My picture, with a baseball hat superimposed on my head, was put in the frame. It looks really funny and fun!
I was allowed an early evening, so off to the Burns’ for some more rest. Their granddaughter, Sarah came by to visit. We talked about her life as a highschool student and dancer. We also reminisced about when I used to babysit her and her brother, Kris. Again… these kids keep growing up!!
Just thinking about changing the clocks for the next day made us tired, so I went to bed really early Sat night. It was nice!

No comments: